World-class care for your brain and spine, close to home.
Welcome to the Jackson T. Stephens Spine and Neurosciences Institute. Our institute at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) is the first building in Arkansas dedicated to the advancement of research, education and clinical care for disorders of the brain, spine and central and peripheral nervous systems.
We are leading Arkansas in brain and spine health.
- First and only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the state.
- Only multidisciplinary center for movement disorders.
- Only Partner in MS Care with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- First to create a dedicated neurosciences institute with 29 fellowship-trained neurosurgeons and neurologists, plus 25 residents.
- Only adult Level 4 Epilepsy Center,
- Only Multidisciplinary team of fellowship-trained Neurosurgeons, Neurologists and Interventional pain physicians in one outpatient Neurosciences Institute