Our Spine and Neurosciences Institute
The UAMS Jackson T. Stephens Spine & Neurosciences Institute offers the most innovative and state-of-the-art spine-related services under one roof. It is the most comprehensive research, education, and clinical care facility dedicated to spine and neurosciences in the region. As you may have guessed, the construction of our facility and the formation of our Institute was made possible by the generous donation of Jackson T. Stephens.
The Institute is home to a combination of 30 fellowship-trained Neurosurgeons, Orthopaedic and Neurosurgical Spine Surgeons, Neurologists and Interventional Pain Physicians. We have a highly-trained dedicated staff of nurse practitioners, nurses, MAs and technicians to help support our patients and physicians. The clinical subspecialties contained in our institute include:
- Neuro-Oncology (Brain and Spine Tumors) to include Neurosurgery and Neurology
- Neurovascular Surgery
- Functional Neurosurgery for Movement Disorders and Pain
- Epilepsy to include Neurosurgery and Neurology
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Comprehensive and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- General Neurosurgery
- General Neurology
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromuscular disorders including ALS and Muscular Dystrophy
- Neurocritical Care
- Interventional Pain
Do you want to see the experts?
Accepting new patients by referral only. Have your physician fax a Neurosurgical referral to 501-603-1539. For a referral to Neurology or Interventional Pain, have your physician fax a referral 501-686-7928.
Consults for second opinions are welcome.